what we do
At The Self Centre, St Leonards, we work with men, women, adolescents and couples. We offer supportive, strategies, interventions, and accompaniment in an empathic, non-judgmental, healing environment.
We offer treatment for the following clinical conditions:
- Depression (Major Depression and Bipolar)
- Anxiety (Generalised, Panic, Social and OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Acute Stress & Trauma
- Post Natal Depression and/or Anxiety
- Personality Disorders
- Adjustment Disorder
- Grief and Loss
- Drug & Alcohol and Addictions
We offer supportive counselling services for the following concerns:
- Parenting Support
- Stress and Wellbeing
- Grief and Loss
- Major Life Transitions
- Anger Management
- Family of Origin Issues
- Relationship concerns (including grief and loss, recovery from a break-up, family relationship concerns, and couple relationship issues)
- Self-Esteem & Self-care
- Fertility issues
- Women’s health (including weight problems, menopause, cancer, trauma, grief and loss associated with miscarriage, post natal depression & pregnancy support)
- Men’s health (including relationship concerns, post natal support and anger management)
The Approaches We Use
The Psychologists at The Self Centre ensure that all treatment provided is evidence-based.
What this means is that our psychologists are trained to choose treatments for you that will be most effective for your concern.
We use a multi-modality approach which includes a range of different therapies and theories including Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Psychodynamic therapies, Attachment Theory, Family Systems Theory, Solution-Focused and Positive Psychology.
We ensure that we stay updated with and are familiar with the latest treatment literature and training to ensure that you get the most from your time with us.